From:
Emily Speight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:59:06 -0700
Thanks for your response Larry!  I have only been in this position 6
months, the decision to use Laserfiche as an electronic archive (and
nothing more) was made long before my arrival, and I'm not certain it
was a decision made by the records department.  It seems to me a shame
that we have invested so much in the software and aren't using it
anywhere near it's full potential - I have been pushing to change this.

There really have been no mail procedures put into place.
Unfortunately, we have a few but very serious problems with deliberate
information "hoarding" and so the information friendly/saavy records
people have been asked to ensure that all who need a copy receive a
copy, and that items that need to be filed are in fact filed and not
discarded or hidden in an office.

The reason I would like to do the mail electronically is that I can scan
once and then distribute to multiple people.  Otherwise, we have been
instructed to make photocopies (which as you can imagine would be
expensive and time consuming).

Thank you for the points you mentioned, this provides some excellent
food for thought. I will ensure that I consider and address each one as
best I can in my procedure.

I will keep you posted on how this goes.

Emily