From:
"Werner, Teresa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:55:53 -0700
I think Steve's definition is correct.. All those examples you (David)
provided ARE records...to someone... i.e., "Recorded
information/content". (back to square one 'eh?)

Steve is also correct in that it doesn't matter if you deem it a
'record' to your organization or not, that it still could be
'discovered' and therefore MUST be managed properly regardless if you
call it a record, a non-record, a piece of content or a piece of crap..
it must be managed...even if that means managing it to the trash can.

I guarantee that if you got an e-mail of someone selling you a Rolex for
$12.99 and you found out it wasn't really a Rolex as was promised in
that e-mail.. YOU would call that a record.. and so would the court when
you sued the dealer; and the dealer would wish every day s/he is in jail
for fraud that you would have not thought it important enough to
retained it.

My two cents..

Teresa Werner
Content Consultant ;-)