From:
"Grevin, Fred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:10:00 -0400
The translation I've read (my Italian is worse than yours, Sandra) is
"And yet, it moves" (meaning, the earth does move around the sun). It's
said to be a comment Galileo made privately (very privately) after his
recantation in front of the Inquisition.

As a result of your inquiry, I've done some googling for the citation,
but couldn't find it, so it may be one of those myths of the history of
science.

Fred
Frederic J. Grevin
Email: [log in to unmask]