From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:52:31 -0700
Hi colleagues,

  I agree with Charmaine.  The ARMA Houston 2007 conference offered two days of shredding during the event.  We tapped the local shredding companies and scheduled them to shred for four hours onsite for free to the public.  I credit the success of the event due to the close of tax season (the conference is the third week in April).  The public brought their shredding (the old, "if you build it, they will come" philosophy, I suppose).  We gained several new members, too, and a representative from the Houston Chronicle came out to the conference.  Credit goes to Sandy Miller, Debra Mestemaker, Pam Sankey, and Minnie Garcia for their work on this initiative last year...any one of these ladies could offer you good advice.  Please contact me offlist if you're interested.

  Thanks,

  Mimi Dionne.

Mimi Dionne, CRM, CDIA+, CA
Records Manager