From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:56:51 -0700
Susan, I am not able to shed any light, or cut the mustard, on the
identity of the author of the quote.

I do, however, disagree with the first part of the quote; "Information
which is not communicated is valueless..."  Information can and does
have residual and intrinsic value and does not need to be communicated
to be valuable.   As just one example, while in the military I was
involved with intelligence gathering work (no jokes please) and related
activities during the '70s.  There was a military war going on at that
time, and of course a 'cold war' as well.   There is information
gathered that we shared with our primary sponsor.   Some we did not, but
it was still extremely valuable.

I do agree with the 2nd and 3rd sentences of the quote.

Have a good weekend.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 4/11/2008 8:40 AM >>>
Hi all, I am looking for the bibliographic citation for the following
RIM
quote:

"Information which is not communicated is valueless.  Information which

cannot be found is worthless.  The value of Information is directly
related to its accessibility."

<snip>