From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:56:32 -0700
Most of the info we gathered was reported through the chain to the
national intelligence service.  Some of the info was contained local,
decisions made, actions decided and implemented.  The second of the
above scenarios was my point about information not shared.  Intercept,
analyze, validate, make plans, take action...; get back to base safely;
report & debrief; drink beer.

I hate paper (for RIM media purposes).

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 4/11/2008 1:46 PM >>>
I don't think that there is anything intrinsically wrong with the
quote
and will argue that that both Steven and Chris are over-analyzing it.

"Information which is not communicated is valueless."

Like Steve, I too have a background in military intelligence.  But my
training was to distribute information to those with a need to know so
that they could act on it.  Why else would we spend treasure and
sometime lives gathering intelligence?

Granted, not everyone had a need to know everything and the risk of a
secret being compromised increases exponentially as additional persons
are informed.  But, that said, acting on information (and information)
makes the difference between success and failure.  Look at General
Patton, he was successful because he acted on intelligence produced by
Ultra.  Clark didn't.
<snip>