From:
Linda Lemon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:56:46 -0700
Greetings to Susan and the listserv!

First time poster, lurking  for about a year. First, my introduction to the group:

My name is Linda Lemon, and my background is in medical technology and accounting. I am currently a RIM student.

I have a citation for the following:

“Finally, it is important to note that information which is not communicated is valueless, and information which cannot be found is similarly worthless. Thus, the value of information is directly related to its accessibility.”
(authors’ emphasis)

Brown, CRM, Mary F., Gerald F. Brown, CRM, and David O. Stephens, CRM, CMC.  Information and Records Management: Document-Based Information Systems. 4th Edition. Woodland Hills: Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, Inc. 1995. 3.

The quote appears at the end of the section: Business Information: Essential Characteristics.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Rowing weather here in Austin!

~Linda S. Lemon