From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:11:31 -0700
Our records program is pretty well established (it still needs some
improvement, but all-in-all, I think it's pretty good). For various
reasons, our legal staff does not want our internal auditors to take on
this task, so I have been designated as the one to develop a Records
Audit process. I've read "Improving Corporate Performance through
Records Audits", "RIM Health Check: Auditing an Organization's RIM
Program" and "Using ISO 15489 as an Audit Tool," (all from the IMJ) and
ISO 15489. I found the first article to be especially helpful.

I was hoping that those who have already developed or conducted a
Records Audit could share some tips, lessons learned, or point me to
resources they used to build their program.

I've also looked at ARMAs Risk Profiler. Has anyone used this tool and
have they found it helpful? Was it used in conjunction with an
established audit program,  as a beginning assessment prior to
developing one, or as the only audit tool?

Nolene Sherman | Director of Records Management | Standard Pacific Homes