From:
"Johnston, Judith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:27:29 -0400
Hi Again,

Thanks to everyone for all of the quick feedback. My apologies for
several things that I have already been made aware of:
- I neglected to fill in the subject-sorry!
- I neglected to introduce myself, again, my apologies.

My name is Judi Johnston. I am a Records Manager at Solvay
Pharmaceuticals, a mid-sized global pharma firm. I have been in RM for
about 9 years.
_______
Also, I noticed that the post below was truncated. I'll paste again,
just in case:

I would like to get consensus on how regulated industry (pharma and
non-pharma) handle archival submissions. That is, is there a system in
place to handle these? Are paper and/ or e-forms used? Is there a need
felt to maintain information on who and when something was submitted for
archiving, or just note that something has been received? What
regulations and/or standards are used?

Also, if bulk submissions are received, are there expectations that
inventories will accompany them, or is it just the responsibility of the
archivist? If so, is (and/ or how) is this enforced?
________

Maybe I should be more specific...When someone submits paper documents
or media (something physical) to an archive, what are some of the
examples of the things they need to do? Fill out a form (paper or
online), give a "head's up" e-mail that something is coming to be
archived, submit a form or something through an electronic system that
spits out a barcode (thanks Melissa from Vertex Pharma!)etc.?
How is this different when there are electronic records? Perhaps they
are submitted on media or maybe through an e-mail, etc. Does the same
form or procedure apply? If not, how is it different?
Does everyone conceed that collecting information about who submitted
the document to the archive is important? I am also especially
interested in what global counterparts might be doing as well. Hope this
helps...

Kind Regards,

Judi