From:
"Banning, Diana" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:05:28 -0700
My dear colleagues,

I'm collecting information about compact shelving that will help craft an
RFP I'm writing.  In essence, I'd like to hear about your experiences with
compact shelving: purchasing, installation, working with vendors, operation,
maintenance and warranties.   For instance, I've heard that some of the
manufacturers are fully proprietary, which poses problems down the road when
looking for parts.  What other problems have you experienced that could have
been mitigated with clearer specifications?  Are there specifications that
you included in your RFP (or wished you had) that you'd like to share?

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Diana Banning
Archives & Records Management
City of Portland, Oregon