From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 16:02:34 -0400
I see two key issues related to electronic records -- Access and Security

Unlike paper records electronic records can be copied, carried, transferred,
modified or anything else much more easily than paper records. If you look
back a some recent RAIN postings you'll see that intellectual property/trade
secret theft is becoming ever more apparent. A thief can easily copy and
transfer trade secrets to a 1GB thumbdrive and walk out of the building with
it. And the company will never know it. But with an ERMS you can establish
who has access to the electronic records, while at the same time limiting
what they can do with the record if they even have access to it. You may
have access to a record, but your security permissions may limit you to only
viewing the record. You may not be able to print it or copy it.

that are the issues I see with e-records
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va