From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2008 07:33:01 -0700
Good morning, everyone,

I perused the listserv archives and I didn't find what I was looking for, so please indulge my questions for a moment, if you will.

Have any of you used the Delphi technique in the corporate setting to garner anonymous feedback on the records program or, indeed, a particular phase of your records project?  May I contact you directly to discuss the structure of this study?

How large was your population?  Was it mandatory that everyone reply?  If so, how was this "enforced"?

Did you distribute a large set of questions or was it a specific set (I'm thinking...less than five questions)?

Were you pleased with the results?  Lessons learned?  Would you recommend the technique for a small, specific set of circumstances only?

I've used it once before, a few years ago, and if I remember correctly:

1. I found that only a small percentage of customers replied
2. We received some very interesting (quantitative) forecasts, especially
3. The individual, fill-in-the-blank responses were fascinating, however...

The project didn't really move beyond the analysis, so we didn't get to take the numbers for a spin to test their durability.  I would be interested to know if it's been used by a RIMgr successfully.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Mimi Dionne, CA, CDIA+, CRM, PMP
281.386.9698
Blog: http://rimnant.blogspot.com