From:
"Grevin, Fred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:27:34 -0400
If the microfilm Seth is concerned about is showing symptoms of vinegar
syndrome, it certainly is silver-gelatin microfilm. In my experience,
silver-gelatin microfilm is MUCH more vulnerable to scratching than
diazo microfilm.

The wording of Seth's message implies there's only one copy of the
microfilm, so if there's any chance the microfilm images are important,
risk avoidance may be a serious consideration.

Best regards.

Fred
Frederic J. Grevin