From:
Janet L Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 09:39:32 -0500
Ganesh wrote:
<The utopian e-mail system would have the ability for RIM/IT to established
"pre-defined" folders (aka based on the file plan) , than auto-classify
each incoming e-mail into the approproate folder. As users reply, forward
e-mails, the system will track whether e-mails are being edited and than
create a record of that in the appropriate folders. Metadata on the e-mail
would be captured automatically with an opportunity for users to edit/enter
additional information. Duplicate e-mails will be deleted.

The e-mail system will enfore auto-retention policies based on the file
plan system and dispose off e-mails at the end of the retention period. It
would also allow litigation holds to be placed and lifted and the
suspension of the retention.>

In addition to these good ideas, I would want created email handled the
same way, for all business email to automatically move from the email
folder into the correct folder in the ECM/ERM software.  Or, to be able to
search seamlessly across both the ECM/ERM and the email system.  I would
also like to see emails grouped by threads and for the software to be smart
enough to know when the topic of the thread changes - but the subject line
doesn't.

It would be great if an email system were able to know the difference
between business email and social email.  I just spent nearly 5 hours going
through a departed employee's in-box deleting all the jokes, hunting
delete his email.  My eyes are still recovering from that experience!

Janet Nelson CRM
Manager Records
Dairyland Power Cooperative
3200 East Avenue South