From:
"Brad F." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 13:11:05 -0600
Stephanie,

I used MS Access as "part" of records management, also at a mining
company.  We used it to create an inventory of our archived / closed
records, so something you need to ponder is, are you working with live
/
active records that are being altered over time, or are you working
with
"in-active" files that will never change and are simply being
maintained
as reference until the end of their retention.

Access is (as Ganesh noted), excellent for creating an index of files.
However; if you're tracking versions, pulling historical copies or
ensuring chain of ownership, on "active documents", Access is not your
tool.

Best of luck,

Brad Furlow