From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:40:50 -0600
Kaitlyn,

This question goes to the heart of why we have so many issues with IT. We as records managers have limited involvement with non record emails. The reason is fairly clear in our titles as "Records" Mangers. IT is typically responsible for all email. IMO  Records Managers are primarily responsible for those emails that records values. We are charged with ensuring that record integrity is maintained for those limited number of emails, by volume, that have records value. When we try to extend our authority out ot cover all emails we are intruding into the IT realm. We should let them do their jobs. We have enough to deal with.

Chris Flynn