From:
"Tyler, Judy K Ms CRDAMC-Ft Hood" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:03:12 -0500
Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Although I don't work at a law firm, the RFID system we are using would
work at one.  At my Command (organization) we are currently in the
"testing" phase of a RFID project.  The vendor is 3M and the product we
are using is not currently commercially available.  This has been and is
a fantastic system.  We're using it in our medical records section.  We
have records that go from clinic to clinic all over the Post, the
majority of the time the records makes it back to it's home clinic.
There are those occasions when it winds up in the wrong records room.
The Smart Shelf RFID system allows any clerk from any clinic on the Post
to see where the record is sitting.  Really saves on time and
frustration for our Soldiers and gives them a little more confidence in
our system.  One of the huge benefits is the box readers we have.  When
a unit deploys, due to space limitations, the records are pulled off the
active shelves and boxed up utilizing the box reader.  We can then
generate a manifest of records pulled, run it against the unit manifest
to see if we're missing any or accidentally pulled a wrong record.  The
system also allows us to put in the box number and storage location in
case we need pull a record for any reason during the deployment.  Of
course when the unit returns, it is very simple to reshelves the records
and make them active again.  Wish we had this years ago.

JUDY K. TYLER, CRM
Records Management Officer
Information Management Division
Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center