From:
"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:59:52 -0400
Chris,

I doubt if I could hold on to the hot pipes as long the cold ones. And
the pipes for the tap system, well, I'm still testing those. And if
you've scheduled the sewerage for permanent retention, I'm glad I don't
live by you. (Although the people at Yucca Mountain might be
interested.)

But in "documenting the project" retention is only one of many RM issues
that need to be addressed. There is compliance to regulations and
compliance to contract obligations. And there is proof of who designed
what and who approved what, and who approved what changes and what
changes may have been made that weren't approved. There are many
obligations, authorizations, and changes that occur during design and
particularly during construction that need to be documented. And I am
wondering how BIM affects that. And if the entire project is documented
within the BIM system, or if there will still be other, supporting
documentation.

Gary