From:
Andy von Busse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:39:09 -0700
Earl:

Although I can understand some of your comments with regard to letting you know, what would you prefer, letting your files sit in a pile from a broken box, or they immediately be placed in an appropriate box? Trust me, it does not do our psyche well when one is pulling boxes for clients, and then in the middle of trying to fulfill pull orders, a box bursts. It takes time away from what we need to do, and we only charge the regular amount for our box.

I am not going to compromise our operations, our clients file unity, or be the reason for a potential lost file by leaving the pile in the rack, phoning a client, waiting on the phone or for a call back.

As my clients clearly know what our policies are, we have actually never had to deal with the issues as you outline them on invoiced replacement boxes.

Storage vendors touch your box as little as possible... it costs money to move it, and once it is in place, it will never leave that place unless it is moved due to it, or its neighbors, having to be pulled.

As far as a revenue generator for the vendor... we charge 2.19 for our boxes, whether you buy it directly from us, or we need to rebox. Compare that to Staples cheap box, never mind their good ones, which still are not as good as ours. It is a service, not a profit center of any consequence.

Andy von Busse

 Please consider the environment before printing this email.
 Before printing this e-mail, think if it is necessary