From:
Laura Steinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:42:04 -0800
Everyone,

Wow...as always you all came through for me!  Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions.  I think now I can take your good ideas to my boss (instead of just anger and complaints) and we'll be able to come up with a reasonable plan to present to our vendor.

One thing I'd like to add...I have dealt with this vendor practically all of my professional life (here in California and in some other states in which I've lived and worked).  For the great majority of that time, I have experienced nothing but professionalism and a willingness to service my needs from everyone employed by them...from the delivery driver to the call center personell to our account rep.  It's just difficult in these hard economic times to come away with a good feeling after reading a form letter from corporate that tells us the company is going to implement a program that will generate new costs for us, and yet doesn't take into account input from their customers, or seemingly give them any control over their own records.  Maybe I'm asking too much, but instead, couldn't we have gotten a letter stating that this policy was being implemented and asking us to make an appointment with our account rep to go over our needs?  (IMHO)

Anyway, thanks again to all of you who responded.  I will continue to lurk and learn!

Laura Steinberg