From:
Gordon Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:45:20 -0600
While working for a records risk management group (I was "downsized"
recently), their IT department specified a password of eight digits
including at least one number and one letter.  There were no case
requirements.

While "separating" from the firm, IT wiped all of my data but left their
security policy intact, ostensibly to secure any data they missed.  The
result is that my Blackberry is disabled in two ways:   Although I get
email, I have no browser and cannot load one, hence I have no Web
access.  Second, I cannot disable the old password provisions.

Other than a complicated "fix" available at Crackberry.com (and other
sites), the only recourse is for someone with a Blackberry Enterprise
Server to send my phone a blank policy that will reset the security.  My
former employer refuses to do that.

This is a problem that has beset folks who have purchased Blackberries
on e-Bay.

Gordy Hoke
http://gejhoke.googlepages.com
T. 1.507.534.2293