From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:53:33 -0800
Linda (AKA umabunny1);

I will guess you have fiche/jackets.
That is where the paper is microfilmed on 16mm and the roll of film is cut
and slipped into channels of the 'jacket' so each file folder/document is
in a fiche or fiche group.
Jackets were used because they could be updated by adding subsequent images
of the paper docs.

We have been scanning fiche for 20 years and there are now over 12
different manufacturers of equipment; several were at the ARMA Expo in Las
Vegas.

The product(s) you should use depends on the fiche collection and your
retrieval needs.

Take a look at:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~fyiglover/articles/microfilmscanning.html

Although the information is a bit dated it will give you an idea of what is
available.

If you have a large collection of fiche I suggest and outside vendor
convert the images.
If small or there is rarely a need the scan-on-demand approach would be the
most economical.

Regards;

...John Glover
...707-773-1257
516 Albert Way
Petaluma, CA 94954

for scanned many of their paper documents to fiche, then discarded the hard
copy.  Other records were microfilmed, the images cut into separate
documents, then put into fiche sleeves.
> Now we are looking for a solution to convert the fiche to digital images
to upload to our ECRMS.  Any good ideas/products on the market that can
digitize, index and push the image to our Oracle-based ECRMS?
> Thanks for your help.
> Linda Buss, MA, CRM

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.