From:
Frank Addamo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:08:55 -0800
You can certainly acquire the scanners and software for internal use but
these expensive systems will probably have a limited backfile use. I've used
outside conversion companies on a number of different projects for film and
fiche conversion. Fiche being the most challenging. Shipping cost is minimal
given the size and weight of film. Most of the conversion service companies
that have survived to this point are decent. Not wanting to keep up with the
ups and downs of each conversion bureau I've recently turned to using a
company that brokers with many conversion vendors. They will get competitive
pricing from a few qualified vendors and pick the most appropriate
subcontractor for the job. Here is a contact:

International Imaging
2500 E. Foothill Blvd.
Suite 200 A
Pasadena, CA 91107

I encourage you to investigate other conversion vendors also. Make sure that
whoever you choose has experience with outputting file and metadata formats
that can easily be bulk loaded into your Oracle (Stellent?) system.

Regards,
Frank Addamo
775 475-0869
Cell 775 742-3197