From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:38:37 -0500
There are what some people consider standard life-spans for such media, but
I would not consider those hard-and-fast number, because there can be
variables based on the particular conditions that exist in the particular
storage facility (temperature, humidity, and other environmental factors)
that are not accounted for in those standards life-spans, as well as the
particular media itself.

What should scare them more is not having a hard-and-fast number compared to
having a known life-span.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM