From:
Lizette Pelletier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:51:57 -0500
Greetings

I am a long time lurker on the list. I would like to introduce myself and thank everyone for all the valuable information that I have gleaned over the past couple of years.  My name is Lizette Pelletier. I am a Public Records Archivist with the Office of the Public Records Administrator at the Connecticut State Library.  I work primarily with state agencies developing records retention schedules but I also develop policies and procedures, provide training, and the usual "other duties as required."  We also work with local governments.  Our office  oversees the State Archives so we also deal with preservation issues.  I have held this position for two and a half years after 10 years as an archivist.  I must admit I find my records management duties much more challenging and have begun gathering information with the intent of getting the CRM some time in the future.

I am posting this inquiry on behalf of our preservation librarian.  She is developing new contract specifications for an on-going project to produce microfilm of hearing transcripts from the state legislature.  The vendors have phased out their microfilming cameras so the hearings will be scanned first and the microfilm produced from the scanned images.  She is looking for any information on standards or model contracts that would apply to this situation.  I searched the digest but the only recent past discussions have been about specific equipment.

 If you prefer, you may reply directly to me at [log in to unmask]  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Lizette Pelletier
Public Records Archivist
Connecticut State Library
231 Capitol Ave.
Hartford, CT 06106
Phone 860-566-1100 ext 304
Fax 860-566-1118
email:  [log in to unmask]
website:  www.cslib.org

--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---