From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:03:25 -0800
Larry;

I have just joined LinkedIn within the past week.

I have found making contacts here very simple.

Too early for me to see the ugly as yet but my 'sent invitations' database
does show 'Sent', 'Accepted' and 'Bounced'
"Larry Medina  Join my network on LinkedIn Accepted  12/10/2008"

I find it much more useful than the ARMA Forum.

John

...John Glover
...707-773-1257
516 Albert Way
Petaluma, CA 94954
www.home.earthlink.net/~fyiglover

LinkedIn

> Good
>
> - If you invite people that know you, they respond quickly
> - You can expand your personal/professional network through this
> - It's free... but that sort of comes with a price
> - There are a lot of groups you can join
>
> Bad
>
> - You need to check the e-mail address people use, because some of them
are
> not legit (case in point, one I had yesterday was to a Listserv!)
> - Lots of people are registered twice, but you can't tell that one may be
> personal account and one a professional account
> - People forgot they had an account and they set up one, two, or three
more =)
> - People don't check their LinkedIn accounts and invitations sit there
for a
> year or more unanswered
> - People setup accounts, forget about them, change e-mail addresses and
> invitations bounce (forgot to change e-mail listed on LinkedIn)
> - There's no easy way to know if you have pending invitations (that you
sent
> to others) because it's not indicated in your Imported Contacts list
> - The groups aren't well managed and there are a lot of similar ones
>
> Ugly
>
> - LinkedIn doesn't tell you that you already have someone in your Contacts
> or that you've already sent an invite to someone and it's pending, it's
been
> declined, or it bounced
> - Your Contacts aren't highlighted in your Imported Contacts list (which
can
> result in sending an invite to someone already in your list)
> - No matter how many times you invite someone that says they "don't know"
> you, they won't accept your invitation =)
>

> Other
>
> - You can sure waste a lot of time building a Network!
> - There are a ton of people named "Steve" in MY network
> - Even people that know you WELL ignore your invites sometimes for more
than
> a YEAR (thanks DOUG!)
>
> Do others have some thoughts on how well this works for them?  One other
> thing I've noticed is "customer service" is sure slow about responding to
> questions about how things function... like how do you rearrange the order
> of items listed in your 'current" job history.
>
> Larry

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.