From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:39:02 -0500
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Vednere, Ganesh <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Lawrence wrote "I have been asked to come up with various metrics to
> measure productivity in the Document Control Center......."
>
> There are several metrics that can be used, primarily amongst them could
> be:
> - Average time taken to fulfill a request for retrieval/storage
> - Average time taken to file a document

I would suggest the use of median and mean times

median : The median is the value which divides the sequence in half, when a
set of values are arranged in ascending order. eg. if the numbers were
1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,7,7,7 the median would be 5, whereas the average is 4.54

mean : found by adding up the values of the observations and dividing by the
number of observations.
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va