From:
Kirsten McKnight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:26:42 -0500
There are also lotions you can purchase that act like a temporary
barrier. Not sure how well it work against paper cuts. The suggestion of
using hand lotion frequently is a good one as well. Nothing dries the
skin out making it prone to paper cuts like handling paper products!

Lee Valley Tools (www.leevalley.ca) in Canada sells a lotion they call
Gloves in a Bottle. The description says it forms a one-way barrier that
lasts about 4 hours against a wide range of environmental irritants but
allows skin to breathe and perspire normally. Says it's effective
against grease, solvents, thinners, paint, herbicides, pesticides,
epoxies, glues, cement, lime, gasoline, diesel, poison oak, poison ivy,
and industrial detergents.

And I in no way represent Lee Valley except as a satisfied customer!

the other place you might look for products like this are craft stores.

I also Googled the following search terms:

barrier lotion hand cream

and there were quite a few links.

good luck!

regards,