From:
"McLemore, Dustin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:14:57 -0600
We use the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics) indexes as tool in
evaluating whether or not a proposed price escalation on the destruction
and transportation line items are just or not.  Just as Peter said it is
based upon an average. These indexes are helpful, but doing a
cost-benefit analysis of your current O/H versus your destruction
forecast is probably one of the best ways to arrive at what might be
reasonable.  Use the figure that Peter pout (35 lbs/carton) and assume
that your standard carton is 2.00 CF.  All things being equal, that
would mean that your averaging 17.5/lbs per CF.

r/
dm
--
Dustin McLemore, MPA