From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:37:00 -0500
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Doug Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Sort of a side discussion, but does anyone know how much it costs to
> recycle an average (35 lbs.) box?  I am interested in the costs, not the
> charge to do it.

paper is a commodity, paper recyclers may pay you for the paper or will
charge you depending upon the current recycled paper market. There are IIRC
over 40 different grades of paper. The most sought after is cardboard. The
more paper is recycled the more the paper fibres are degraded thus lowering
the amount paid for the paper.

If you want to know the costs to recycle a carton you will need to calculate
manpower, transportation and energy.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va