From:
"Savage, Jimmie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:33:27 -0600
Can I nominate you for an Emmett Leahy award?

Greg:

You're much too kind - but I'll take it <g>!. Does the Leahy come with
money?

But seriously, as you, Ginny and a number of others have pointed out a
combination of things is needed to improve the management & control over
electronic records - user training, partnering with IT, and automated
systems (when & if you can afford them). You can add taxonomies to that.

It's interesting that for many auto-classification systems to work well
they need to be paired with a taxonomy to have a standard set of rules
to work from. Otherwise you don't get close to the accuracy level
needed. It's ironic that you can get the most resistance to developing a
taxonomy from some of the areas that clamor the most loudly for
auto-classification (IT, executive management among others). Another
example of where we need to work harder on education.

Jimmie E. Savage, CRM
Manager, Member Data Services
(512)-542-6281
Teacher Retirement System of Texas