From:
Carolyn Heald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 08:34:59 -0500
Erin,

Our law school runs a community law clinic.  We include case files and
operational records in our records retention schedule
(http://apps04.yorku.ca:8008/record/66).  The operational records are
retained for 7 years based on anticipated operational use.  For the case
files, the closing letter or docket is retained permanently while the rest
of the file is destroyed 7 years after the file is closed.  This retention
was based on the advice of the law school and the University's internal
counsel.
Carolyn Heald
Director, Records and Information Management
  & Coordinator, Information and Privacy Office
York University
4700 Keele Street, Ross N945
Toronto, ON  M3J 1P3
Tel:  416-736-2100 ext. 20398
Email:  [log in to unmask]
This electronic mail (e-mail), including any attachments, is intended only
for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure.  No waiver
of privilege, confidentiality or any other protection is intended by
virtue of its communication by the internet.  Any unauthorized use,
dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately
notify the sender and destroy all copies of it.