From:
Trudy M Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:52:46 EST
Yes, I am familiar with it and have used it for a few very small businesses
that just needed a simple, easy to use solution to managing files, etc.
First, it may have just been me, but I had a hard time getting my mind around it
as it is not what we records management professionals are accustomed to,
especially in some of the terminology.  So once you get past that and think  the
way Joe Blow would, it is user friendly. It does have a good search  capability
as long as words are put in that Joe Blow might use to find  something.  A
retention period can be established and at the  document/folder/box level, and
files can be tracked in an active desk/cabinet  and automatically moved to box
and sent to a storage location.

I met Barbara Hemphill a bit before she created the software. Delightful
person, but comes at this from the Professional Organizer mindset, with no
records management training.

I would be happy to provide more info, off list.

Trudy M.  Phillips
File Management, LLC
"Bringing Order  Out of Chaos"
8440 Lanewood Circle
Leeds, AL 35094
Office:  205/699-8571   Fax: 205/699-3278
_www.filemanagement.com_ (http://www.filemanagement.com/)

**************Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on
AOL Music.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000001)