From:
Dana Yanaway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 15:02:32 -0500
in my past life as a law firm RM we had location codes for each attorney
office/work room/ work station (cubical) and distributed file cabinet. One
location per cabinet, not each individual drawer.

Whenever files were delivered they were scanned to the particular location.
periodically (2 or 3 times per year) we would do an inventory of an entire
office to bring up to date where the files have moved to after the Records
staff had dropped them off.