From:
Bernard Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:03:23 -0800
Angie (and Mary):

There isn't enough data so far to get a decent estimate.

Your number sounds about right for the assessment phase, based upon past
projects.  Mary also asked for an estimate for development and
implementation assistance.  Not to mention product costs.  $100,000 total
for everything could be a possibility (includes more consultant time); more
if there is document management capability required.

I worry about getting 100K or even 30K from university management in these
hard times.  Particularly when it is a guess.

A consultant could quote a worst case number, but most (including our firm)
would want more details so they can provide a more detailed itemized
estimate.  There are ways that Mary might reasonably reduce the cost by
designing her program plan.  Not enough data to know if any are feasible.

To my mind, the only way to get a decent number is with a lot more info.

Bernard Chester, CDIA+, ICP, EDP
Principal Consultant
IMERGE Consulting, Pacific Northwest Office
7683 SE 27 Street, #316
Mercer Island, WA, 98040
Office: 206-230-9253; Mobile: 206-979-7389