From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:27:50 -0500
On Feb 16, 2009, at 12:00 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

> Topics of the day:
>
>   1. RAIN 20090204 Espionage, spoliation, wiped, data losses

I remember when about 1 in 4 or less were of interest to me. Now it
is the reverse. 3 out 4 are of interest at they seem to deal with
topics where vaulting could have played a role in stopping espionage
or stolen data. Spoliation could have been prevented.

Security is still a strong industry even in light of the economy.
Companies will still spend money to prevent risk exposures from
putting them out of business.

It would be interesting to look at a RAIN of 7 years ago and compare
it against todays posts.  I bet they would be vastly different
subject matter.  Shoot, I must be old because I can remember when you
didn't read about data theft at all. Espionage was in fiction novels
not real life headlines.

Wars were fought with infantry not computer hackers.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM