From:
Rich Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:40:17 -0700
Greeting from Wonderful Wyoming,

Thanks for your observations Bill. I think HQ and the BoD do a great job considering everything that is on their plates and the fact that the BOD do work full time. The box lunch might get a larger response to the business meeting. We might consider a Meet the Candidate forum that has a box lunch or perhaps is in conjunction with the business meeting with box lunch. Maybe meeting the candidates at Conference and immediately opening the voting and closing the voting one month after conference would increase participation.? The on-line candidate forum is good, but meeting the candidates at conference and then voting right away might help.? The face to face meeting might help people ask questions they might not be comfortable asking on-line.

From talking to HQ staff and Board members, they are interested in member feed back. If I identify an issue with our association, I should have a possible fix for the issue to present to them as well. The idea of discussing ARMA initiatives at chapter general meetings might help members identify with the Association as well as their local chapter.

Just some thoughts.

Regards,

Rich Wilson
Records Management Supervisor
Government Records
2301 Central Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0001
Phone: 307-777-5586  Fax: 307-777-7044

E-Mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties.

>>> On 2/19/2009 at 11:51 AM, in message <[log in to unmask]>, Bill Benedon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
ARMA national voting has  been low for quite some time. Unfortunate  for
those who have been willing to devote their time and energy to serving. One  might
also question the poor turnout at the conference for the ARMA business
meeting. I did suggest we consider a sponsored box lunch for the business  meeting
rather than trying to stick it in at some available time.As to the  elections,
something is lacking in member/hq relationships and  a poor  management of
the web site forum. Count the number of members using it and you  will see what
I mean. Members don't hear from or about officer activities during  the year
or any type of communication from them via e-mail. With the latest  revisions
to the HQ automated system, I cannot now access MY ARMA??? What
responsibilities do our chapters have to get out the vote? How  many chapter meetings or
portions of the meeting are used to discuss national  matters?
There is always a reason for low voting turnout. Unfortunately, we are in
that select group.

Bill Benedon
**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)