Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:01:05 -0600
Listserv ARMA members:

I echo Doug's statements below.  Being back from travel, I have been able
read the postings on this topic. I will try to address as many as possible:

1. The EMC strives each year not only to insure fair and impartial
elections, but also to refine processes to make the voting secure as well as
simple for member participation. We believe ARMA has made great strides
here, and we continue to improve.  We appreciate all the feedback with
relation to the voting process.
2. As with any use of technology, it is not perfect.  We did have some minor
glitches this year as was noted on an earlier posting; however, we quickly
identified the issue and worked to remedy it as quickly as possible. For a
few of you, this was the delay you witnessed in the re-issuance of your
ballots. The issue that occurred was related to the old AMS system, so given
we have implemented the new system, we do not foresee the issue should arise
in the future. We appreciate your patience.
3. This year, we not only sent member announcements and reminders, we did
the same on this listserv and specifically targeted the Regions and
Chapters.  We believe these additional marketing pushes assisted in the
increase in voting for this year.  The Regions and Chapters definitely
shined through and very quickly contacted their members with reminders.
4. While we unfortunately had to cancel the Candidate Forum at the Las Vegas
Conference, this was a one-time event.  We will have a Candidate Forum in
Orlando and the current EMC is committed to its continuance.
5. We do receive a lot of great ideas and feedback from our members with
relation to the election process.  We do look into these ideas.  We have to
factor in a lot of issues when we analyze these such as cost, conference
space, timing, and policy.  Of course we cannot implement all ideas, however
great they may be.  Ones we are able to and decide to implement may take a
budget cycle or two to get implemented given one or more of the other
factors listed.
6. As you know, we are implementing a new two-committee structure with the
intent to be more nimble and pro-active in decision-making and provide our
members more volunteer opportunities.  It may take some cycles to start
seeing the benefits of this change, but I think once you start seeing the
benefits, you will be pleased.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to respond to your comments,
concerns and ideas.

Sincerely,

John

John P. Frost, CRM