From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:15:19 -0500
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:45 AM, Gerard Nicol <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:37:51 -0500, Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> >I think this is to be expected, especially in the workplace. Think about
> it-
> >the hardware, software, and network you're using all belong to the
> employer.
>
> I don't agree with this statement. Your employer owns the phone on your
> desk
> but they don't have the right to listen to, or record your calls without
> your knowledge or in most cases consent.

The telephone is one thing, but the story was about email. Each day my
Google news alerts sends me at least one story about the theft of
intellectual property/trade secrets. Corporate espionage is a big problem,
no let me restate that, it is a HUGE problem for companies around the world.

Yesterday one of the US cable news stories did a story on laid off
employees. Their guest made the comment that many employees believe that
they have the right to take corporate information with them because they
developed it or worked on it.

corporations would be remiss if they didn't employ a variety of tools to
detect the loss of IP.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va