From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:04:05 -0700
Hi all,
Maybe it's the drugs, but for me the fundamental question here is what part
of an electronic record is the record? Of course the answer is, "it
depends", but I don't know that the RIM profession NOR the legal profession,
courts and case law NOR IT can say with any certainty that the scrubbing of
metadata is, to paraphrase Ambrose Bierce, "felonious, excusable,
justifiable, or praiseworthy." I think this is a good forum to have that
discussion in and I'll be blogging about THAT next week as well. But insofar
as Microsoft offers a metadata scrubbing tool as part of Office, and hasn't
been drummed out of business for so doing, it seems that there are a
significant number of valid reasons for using it beyond the examples cited
below.

Regards,

jesse

--