From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:45:12 -0700
And of course as those lines further blur....consider: - I own the laptop
upon which I do 95%+ of the work I do for my employer
- I own my cell phone and until recently my business line
- I work from a home office - or at an airport, on an airplane, in a hotel
room, in a hotel lobby, on a client site, and over drinks at the bar
- I do NOT take calls when I am in the stall. :) There is simply nothing,
even the unfortunate example referenced, where a minute or two of MY time
would make any difference. Caveat: I do at least look to see who's calling,
and I've trained key people to call right back if it really is that urgent.

Let us have calm, non-sarcastic heads prevail. As many of you have noted,
there is no one-size-fits all answer - for anything - ever. The best we can
do is the best we can do. Try to be consistent, document any exceptions or
inconsistencies rigorously, and move on. And don't be stupid if you can help
it.

My rules to live by,

jesse