From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:48:35 -0800
Good evening, colleagues,

I have *truly* enjoyed this discussion.

As an aside: speaking from experience, within the last year I worked on a case study where I migrated records from a cadillac ERMS to...shall we say...a less sophisticated records environment.  Besides my emotional reaction ("my heart, she breaks!") to the issue at hand, from the 50K-foot level, it was a very interesting experiment on the long-term ramifications of metadata.  For example, one of the issues I made management aware of was that the retention period started over after the migration successfully took.  Here's an interesting tidbit: management didn't care.  It wasn't high enough on their list of worries to discuss in the moment.  Legal cared; however, their position was "You never need Records until you need records", so they were above the fray.  They understood RIM, but they were not in the business of managing records.

Just another war story on an early Friday evening.

Thanks,

Mimi Dionne, MLIS, CA, CDIA+, CRM, PMP
Cell: 281.386.9698
Blog: http://rimnant.blogspot.com
Twitter: mimidionne
Facebook: mimidionne
LinkedIn: Mimi Dionne, PMP, CRM, CDIA+, CA
Email: [log in to unmask]