From:
"Sharon A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:50:19 -0500
Hi All,

My client, a federal agency, is in the process of implementing a new
financial management system.  When the new system is deployed, all invoices
will be imaged and saved to the system.  The agency would like to destroy
paper copies of imaged invoices, after the invoices have been paid.  I read
the NARA guidelines. However, I did not find any direct recommendations on
whether an agency can destroy paper copies or whether imaged copies of
invoices can be used in lieu of paper copies for audits or investigations.

I would like to know whether anyone who is familiar with the NARA
guidelines, have any different interpretations or is aware of any federal
agencies that destroys paper copies of invoices after the invoices have been
imaged.

Regards,

Sharon A. Morris, AIIM ERMp, Six Sigma Greenbelt

Records & Content Management Consultant

Phone: 202-536-5067

www.infinity-consultingllc.com

"Empowering Companies to Protect Themselves"