From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:04:43 -0800
A large university system shares business similarities with most
business organization.   RIM will save money, increase efficiencies,
enhance competitiveness, and reduce liabilities.   Would the CFO care to
testify in court or in front of a regulatory agency WHY the university
did not retain information subject to litigation; why the univ. purged
and deleted information on a whim according to what any manager or
secretary thought was the thing to do; why the univ. did not manage
records according to grant specifications?  Why the univ. cannot justify
to the  state legislature where all the funds appropriated the past five
years were spent?  If fraud is proven...; or not disproven...; some
univ. staffers and executives just might face some jail time.   These
are just a few examples.  I cut my RIM teeth in a large university
system in the midwest.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 3/3/2009 12:24 PM >>>
We are working with a major university in the southeastern U.S., trying
get some traction to implement a Records Management Program.  The CFO
said
he needs <snip>