From:
"Babikian, Taline" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2009 10:52:28 +1100
HI Lori,

We have been using SharePoint 2003 version for a while now.    It does
have a number of limitations when compared with  EDRMS systems.  On the
plus side  I like the web based functionality and the a fact that we are
able to combine different information sources, including business
records on a single page for a user.     I think it really depends  of
what your requirements are.  The South Australian Records Office
provided some information  regarding SharePoint as an EDRMS.:
http://www.archives.sa.gov.au/management/digitalrecords/advice.html

Forrester research has also recently published an article about the
importance of how the SharePoint systems are architected  and its impact
on usage and take-up.

One of the other factors to keep in mind is that SharePoint is a tool
kit.  If you want functionality out of it that it does not do,  then you
need to decide if you are willing to invest the development funds to
meet your needs or  adopt a product that has had the development work
put into it.

Regards,
Taline Babikian | Information Manager | Information Management Unit |
Blue Circle Southern Cement
Tel: 9033 4026 | Mob: 0401 896 915 | Fax: 9033 4099
BE GREEN! Read from the screen
Please consider our environment before printing this email.