From:
Maria Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2009 10:45:30 -0800
I beg to disagree with Larry. As an RM professional who came out of UBC's
Masters of Archival Studies (MAS) program where a lot of my friends
completed a joint MAS/MLIS degree, I found the business process sections of
my records management courses to be extraordinarily useful. I didn't take
any library courses, none of them looked particularly helpful to my course
of study. My only regret is I didn't take any elective courses from the
Business School myself and relied only on my records management professor's
business knowledge. The Business School has a lot to offer to records
management in terms of business process analysis and workflow analysis.
There's a goldmine of information there and I think we should all be taking
more advantage of it.

(I'm sorry if this sounds a little disjointed, I'm home battling the flu.)

Best,
Maria Robinson
Records Coordinator
Metro Vancouver