From:
Stephen Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:23:29 -0500
"I use Iron Mountain in 3 cities and I use a local vendor in Atlanta.  I wanted to
know if others had received new pricing from Iron Mountain.  I received
new pricing (Schedule A) a few days ago and I'm still in shock.  Iron
Mountain has increased their minimum service charge from $2.00 to
$12.00.  This is only for retrieval, I repeat only for retrieval.  What
does that mean?  If I order one box, I'm basically paying $12.00 for
retrieval.  I cannot wait until I get an order for 5 boxes in order to
meet their minimum especially in a law firm.  On top of the
administrative charges, re-boxing, now they have a 600% increase in
their minimum."

Scott:

The price increase you mentioned above seems very strange.  Do you have an existing contract with Iron Mountain?  If so, typically there will be language in there that indicates the initial pricing negotiated for the contract is fixed over the term of the contract.

Every company these days, with very few exceptions, are dealing with the downturn in the economy.  Usually that means you lower pricing to try and get more customers and revenue and not drive them away by doing the opposite.  I wonder what would happen if my organization increased prices across the board.

Thanks, Steve

Stephen A. Smith, MLIS, CRM, CDIA+
Records Manager
QVC, Inc. Legal Department