From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:33:02 -0400
Sheri:

A question and perhaps an answer.

Is all the voice converted to text, or are voice files used for things such
as reminders.

If all voice is converted to text, I might consider the voice part
transitory until the text is committed to the use (e.g. the e-mail or text
message is sent in text form, the reminder is recorded in Outlook, etc.).

My reasoning behind this might be dated, but when I was a municipal records
manager, our schedules indicated that we would dispose of voice recordings
of meetings (say City Council) once the minutes of the meeting were
approved.  Now that was a few years back, and now some such bodies may
decide that the voice/or video might be something that should be retained
for a longer time.

Another similar situation was previous federal records schedules that called
for the retention of word processing files until the document was finished
and sent, filed, etc.  IIRC.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM