From:
Karyn Palanzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:42:02 -0400
Tamar -
We are currently using symantec vault for archiving, journaling and also
have the e-discovery tool installed. Another software tool is required in
order to manage the emails according to our records management policy.
When symantec is deployed and the data stores are created, each user is
assigned to a data store and the user's emails are retained according to
the time frame assigned to the data store. If you will be journaling
email, a copy of each outgoing and incoming email is stored in a separate
data store with its own retention period. I was told if you are using
outlook and want to capture bcc information then there is a switch in
outlook that needs to be "turned on" otherwise this information is not
captured.

Karyn Palanzo, CRM
203-573-2046

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:44:44 -0400, Granovsky, Tamar
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>All--
>
>Lincoln Laboratory is getting ready to procure Symantec's Enterprise
Vault for its email archiving. At the moment, Lincoln does not have a
records management program and, at the moment, it appears that we will not
acquire the tools for classification and rules. I would like to know if
any of you have tips, success or failure stories, and/or lessons learned
that you can share with me from the archives and records management point
of view. I have taken a look at past email archiving threads on this
listserv (which has been helpful) and am interested in not only general
thoughts and concerns but also those specifically related to this product.

>Thanks in advance, --Tamar

>Tamar Granovsky
>Archivist, Knowledge Services (S0-775)
>Information Services Department