From:
Maureen Cusack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:18:03 -0700
Scott

We fought Iron Mountain on this and won, and IM told us, as a result, that they are eliminating 'minimum service charge'. We called them on their math that determines the minimum service charge. I suggest you re-read your rate schedule and call them on this: does the min serv charge itemize the various charges that go into an 'order' that must add up to a minimum of $2 or $12 or whatever? Because IM were calculating just one of three charges (I think the retrieval charge) that go into every order,  then tacking on the min serv charge where the charge was less than the min serv charge.  But every record carton also incurs a transportation handling charge (or a new box intake charge) plus a trip charge or portion of a trip charge. Those three charges always add up to more than the minimum.

Maureen Cusack

San Francisco, CA